DIY Coffee Body Scrub
Why spend $20 or more on a store-bought body scrub when you can make one with ingredients you likely already have at home? Our easy, all natural DIY coffee scrub lasts for about four usages and takes less than 10 minutes to make. We’re sure the smell will wake you up in the shower and have you craving a morning cup.
- 1 cup ground coffee
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Mason jar or a container with a tight-fitting lid
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Mix the coffee and sugar together in your mason jar.
- Slowly add the olive oil.
- Mix well with a spoon or small spatula.
- Store your homemade DIY coffee scrub in the shower.
Use 1-2 times a week by massaging into the skin and then rinsing off. The fine texture of the coffee grounds and sugar acts as a natural exfoliant to remove dead skin cells. Coffee is also full of antioxidants and can temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. The olive oil provides a natural source of moisture. No need to rinse with soap, just let the oil soak into your skin.
Experiment with different oils, such as avocado and coconut. Flavoured coffees release a delicious smell; a French Vanilla coffee could be substituted or you can use your favourite Van Houtte flavour!