Coffee Panna Cotta
Serve this refreshing and cool dessert at your next dinner al fresco. The creamy texture and subtle coffee flavour will tantalize your guests. Our Coffee Panna Cotta serves as a nice light finish to any meal.
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unflavoured powdered gelatin
- 3 cups (750 ml) whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of ground Bold & Fruity coffee (Colombia Fair Trade Dark Roast )
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- Whole coffee beans, for garnish
1. Place the milk in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin all over. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften the gelatin.
2. Heat the milk mixture into a heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil (5 minutes).
3. Add the cream, sugar, ground coffee and vanilla bean. Stir until the sugar dissolves (6 minutes). Remove from the heat. Discard vanilla bean.
4. Pour into 6 ramekins and cool. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours. Garnish with a few whole coffee beans.