DIY Coffee Creamer
Are you a fan of flavoured coffee? We show you how-to make your own DIY coffee creamer at home. This all-natural alternative uses ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen and will keep for about seven days in an airtight container in your fridge.
You can adjust the amounts in the ingredients list or cut the recipe in half if you don’t require a lot of creamer. Feel free to also experiment around with different sweeteners and spices to create your own custom blend.
The end result will be a creamy vanilla coffee creamer sweetened with a gentle maple flavour – perfect for these long winter days.
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- Combine the milk, cream and maple syrup in a saucepan and whisk.
- Bring the mixture to steaming.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract
- Place in an airtight container or jar and let cool
- Store the mixture in your refrigerator for up to 7 days. Add a tablespoon or two to your coffee.