In support of Tremblant’s 24H event for children’s health, we have created a protein-packed Van Houtte® coffee recipe to keep you feeling fueled and full ‘til the finish line. Our delicious and nutritious Coffee Energy Bars are a gluten-free, nut-free snack that pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee – on the hill or at home. The best part? Our Colombian Ground Coffee is mixed right in!
- Line a lightly buttered 20 cm x 20 cm (8 " by 8 ") glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, pour the soybeans, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, dried cranberries and Van Houtte® Colombian Ground Coffee. Mix together.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and cook two more times at 30 seconds, stirring each time until melted.
- Add the honey and sunflower seed butter to melted chocolate, and stir vigorously.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the large bowl and mix with a spatula until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Spread the mix in the glass baking dish, taking care to coat the bottom evenly.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
Ready to hit the races with our Coffee Energy Bars? Get your Van Houtte® Colombian Ground Coffee online or in a store near you!