Our Italian inspired espresso granita combines the sweetness of ice cream with the rich aromas of coffee. Simple to make, this refreshing dessert will give you that much-needed coffee fix, all while satisfying your sweet tooth. It’s summer, treat yourself!
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coffee, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x9x2” metal baking pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan and stir the mixture, crushing any frozen pieces with the back of a fork. Cover and freeze until firm, approx. 2 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape the granita to form icy flakes.
- Divide the granita into bowls or champagne flutes. Garnish with a few coffee beans. Enjoy!