Why choose between coffee and dessert when you can have both? This chocolate, coffee and pear pie recipe is the best of both worlds, combining the freshness of fruit, the sweetness and depth of dark chocolate, and the full-bodied flavours of Van Houtte® Original House Blend medium roast. We dare you to have just one slice of this coffee recipe.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brewed coffee, sugar, water, cinnamon stick and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer.
- Place the pears into the boiling syrup for 15 minutes or until tender, gently turning once or twice so that the pears’ colouring is even.
- Let cool in the Van Houtte® Original House Blend coffee reduction.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Mix cracker crumbs, hazelnuts, sugar and melted butter in a bowl to form a dough.
- Pour the dough into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Spread the dough along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake on oven’s middle rack for about 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes on a cooling rack.
Ganache and filling
- Remove pears from coffee reduction and put aside.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it simmers. Remove from heat and add the dark chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted before adding the coffee reduction. Mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pan with the pie crust. Refrigerate until solid — usually about 2 hours.
- Halve the pears and remove their cores with a small spoon. Cut into thick slices.
- Garnish the pie with fan-shaped pear slices and chocolate chips to taste.
Mouth already watering at the thought of a nice slice? Savour the flavour of our chocolate, coffee and pear pie recipe with a cup of Van Houtte® Original House Blend. Not an online shopper? Find a retailer near you!