A hearty quiche made with leek and ham that is infused with marmalade and coffee in a puff pastry crust. Perfect to serve at a brunch or lunch - just pair with your favourite salad and a mug of Van Houtte® coffee.
- Place the flour, salt, and pieces of butter in a food processor. Process a few times until you obtain small 3mm balls.
- Add the cold water and process again, until the mixture turns into a large ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough with plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Near the end of the waiting time, preheat the oven to 425°F / 210°C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, roll out on a floured countertop, and place on a 9-inch metal pie dish. Crimp the edges.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
While the pastry cools in the refrigerator, prepare the filling:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the rings of leek and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine and season with salt and pepper. Reduce until the liquid has completely evaporated.
- Remove the soft leek and set aside at room temperature.
- Place the same skillet, unwashed, over medium-high heat.
- Add the ham dice, ground coffee, and marmalade. Cook for 2 minutes; remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk and cream. Stir.
Assembly and cooking:
- Spread the soft leek, coffee-flavoured ham, and cheese over the puff pastry.
- Top with the egg mixture.
- Cook in the oven preheated to 425°F / 210°C for 15 minutes on the bottom rack. Turn down the temperature to 350°F / 180°C and continue cooking for another 20 minutes or until the quiche has slightly swollen and browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 15 minutes for before serving.