This cup of deliciousness goes leagues beyond your average mushroom soup. It’s frothy, light and deep with flavour thanks to the use of dried mushrooms in addition to fresh, plus a touch of our Holiday Blend coffee—just the thing to add a wonderful woodsy intensity.
- Place dried mushrooms in a small bowl and pour in hot Holiday Blend coffee. Mix and let rehydrate for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, fry onion in butter over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until water evaporates, stirring repeatedly.
- Add rehydrated mushrooms, coffee, chicken stock, potato, and thyme. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer half-covered for 15 minutes.
- Purée soup in a blender and keep warm. Add cream and mix.
- Pour soup into coffee cups.
- Top soup with milk foam.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of chives.