Chilly weather means it’s chili season! Nothing warms the soul —and stomach— quite like it. Made with Van Houtte® Mexico Fair Trade coffee, our spicy chili recipe gives a new twist to this cold-weather classic. This coffee recipe will take your family from sweaters to sweating in no time
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large and wide saucepan.
- Add beef and pork, break up the meat as you stir.
- Once the meat is no longer pink, stir in onions, peppers, garlic, jalapeño, chili, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon, cayenne, and bay leaves.
- Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables have softened slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, break the tomatoes up by crushing them.
- Stir in Van Houtte® Mexico Fair Trade coffee, beans, and vinegar.
- Increase heat, stir occasionally and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until chili reaches desired thickness – approx. 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaves, and stir in coriander.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
*Add more jalapeño, cayenne pepper or hot sauce if you wish to make the chili spicier.
Can’t wait to try our spicy chili recipe? The secret ingredient in our coffee recipe is Van Houtte Mexico Fair Trade coffee. Get yours online or in-store.