What gives this gluten-free apple berry crisp’s topping its distinctive flavour?
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Butter a 9-inch square pan.
In a large bowl, combine the apples, berries, maple syrup, cornstarch and lemon juice.
Pour the mixture into the pan.
In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the crisp.
Add the butter and combine using a wooden spoon or your fingers.
Spread over the fruit mixture.
Bake for 35 minutes or until crisp topping is golden brown.
- 3 large baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped pecans
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Van Houtte® Colombian Dark ground coffee
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup softened butter