- 1 Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- 2 Combine milk and Van Houtte® instant coffee in a small bowl.
- 3 Cream butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Add egg and continue beating for 1 minute. Add milk to coffee and blend in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- 4 Cover and refrigerate dough for a few hours (up to 12 hours).
- 5 Heat oil in fryer to 350°F.
- 6 Divide dough in half and refrigerate one portion.
- 7 Roll out dough to ¼ in. thickness. Cut out donuts using a cookie cutter 3 in. in diameter and the holes using a cookie cutter 1 in. in diameter, or using a small glass and a thimble. Flour generously.
- 8 Form dough remnants into a ball, roll out again, and cut out more donuts. Repeat until dough becomes too thick. Set donuts aside in freezer during preparation.
- 9 Fry donuts, 4 at a time, for about 1 minute per side or until golden.
- 10 Place on paper towel and let cool for a few minutes.
- 11 In a small bowl, mix icing sugar with dissolved coffee until smooth. Add a little water if needed.
- 12 Dip donuts in glaze and place on a wire rack.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 tsp. of Van Houtte® Colombian light instant coffee
- 2 tbsp. softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 cup (250 ml) icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. of Van Houtte® Colombian light instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp. hot water