- 1 Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to prevent them from burning.
- 2 In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- 3 Add the pork tenderloin and onions, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 4 Thread the pieces of pork tenderloin on the bamboo skewers, alternating with the onion slices and finishing with a mushroom.
- 5 Preheat the barbecue’s grill.
- 6 Cook the skewers for 5 to 10 minutes per side, until the meat is pink but well grilled.
- 7 Serve with basmati rice, pita and asparagus.
- The savoury secret ingredient in our Coffee-Marinated Pork Tenderloin Skewers recipe? Van Houtte® Colombian Dark ground coffee! Buy yours now online or in-store.
- ⅓ cup orange juice, concentrated
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Van Houtte® Colombian Dark coffee, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 x 300g pork fillets, sliced into one-inch cubes
- 24 red onion slices, cut into one-inch squares
- 6 button mushrooms