What gives this coffee pecan pie recipe its rich, flavourful undertones?
- 1 In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- 2 Using a dough cutter, combine the pieces of butter with the dry ingredients until it achieves the texture of coarse meal with pea-size pieces of butter.
- 3 Form a well in the centre of the mixture and add the ice water, quickly working it into a ball of dough. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 5 On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a circular shape.
- 6 Transfer to a 10-inch pie plate and trim the overhang. Using a fork, prick the bottom of the dough before pre-baking for 12 minutes.
- 7 Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- 8 In a bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the corn syrup, coffee and salt while continuing to mix.
- 9 Add the pecans to the mixture.
- 10 Pour mixture into the crust and bake for 35 minutes until the pie is set and golden brown.