- 1 Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2 Butter an 8" x 8" pyrex pan.
- 3 Quarter the bread slices into triangles. Place half the bread triangles, buttered side down, in the pan.
- 4 Drain the raisins and spread them on the bread slices. Add half the flaked almonds.
- 5 Cover with the remaining bread triangles.
- 6 In a bowl, beat the eggs with ½ cup of brown sugar. Add the milk, 15% cream, ground coffee and vanilla.
- 7 Pour the mixture over the bread and let it soak for a few minutes.
- 8 Sprinkle the remaining flaked almonds and brown sugar on top.
- 9 Bake in oven center for 1 hour and serve warm with whisky sauce.
- 1 In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the sugar.
- 2 Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is lightly browned.
- 3 Pour in the hot coffee and cream; be careful not to splash.
- 4 Simmer for a few minutes, add the whisky and heat for another 30 seconds.
IRISH BREAD PUDDING
- 8 pieces of well-buttered bread
- ½ cup golden raisins soaked in a ½ cup coffee for a few hours
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup 15% cream
- 2 tbsp. Van Houtte® Irish Cream Coffee, ground
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup Van Houtte® Irish Cream coffee, brewed and hot
- ¼ cup 35% cream
- 3 tbsp. whisky