In a large pan, grill the chicken thighs in several batches over high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes to brown them.
Season with salt and pepper as you cook the chicken thighs.
Place the browned thighs in the slow cooker.
In the same pan, turn the heat down to medium-high and cook the pancetta, onion, celery, carrot, garlic and rosemary 5 to 8 minutes, until all ingredients are nicely browned.
Add the coffee, diced tomatoes, hot pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the mixture onto the chicken thighs.
Cover and cook 5 hours on low temperature or 3 hours on high temperature.
Cook the pasta according to packaging directions.
Drain the pasta and mix it with the chicken sauce.
Add the baby spinach just before serving.
Top with pecorino cheese and serve immediately.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. (750 g) boneless chicken thighs
- 4.4 oz. (125 g) pancetta, diced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup brewed Van Houtte® Colombian Dark recyclable K-Cup® pod coffee
- One 28 oz. (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- One 1 lb. (500 g) box of penne or fusilli
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Pecorino cheese
- Salt and ground pepper