- 1 In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Set aside.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350ºF and butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2 Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- 3 Mix the buttermilk and vanilla in a cup and set aside.
- 4 In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until the mix is light and creamy (around 3 minutes).
- 5 Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well between each.
- 6 At a slow speed, alternate between incorporating the dry ingredients and the buttermilk.
- 7 Add the rhubarb pieces by folding them into the mixture.
- 8 Pour half the mixture into the pan and sprinkle the top of the cake with the filling.
- 9 Pour in the rest of the mixture and level the top with a spatula.
- 10 Bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- 11 Let cool on a rack and cut into slices.
- The special something in our rhubarb coffee cake recipe? Van Houtte® French Vanilla ground coffee! Buy yours now online or in-store.
- ¼ cup demerara or granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Van Houtte® French Vanillacoffee, ground
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups rhubarb, diced