In a small saucepan, bring the veal stock to a boil over high heat.
In a large skillet, sweat the shallot in butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the Arborio rice and ground coffee. Stir.
Pour in the white wine, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil while stirring.
Stir in veal stock to the rice mixture, a ladleful at a time (about 1/2 cup). Bring to a boil and reduce after each ladleful of stock, stirring constantly.
When there is no more stock to add, taste the rice. If it is cooked (tender but still slightly crunchy), remove the pan from the heat. Otherwise, continue to add water in the same manner as the veal stock until cooked.
Once removed from heat, add the Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- 8 cups veal stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. (350 g) wild mushrooms (whole chanterelles, shiitakes and sliced café mushrooms)
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp. Van Houtte® Colombian Medium ground coffee, finely ground
- 1 cup white wine
- Water, as needed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste